God's Love

 One of my favorite Bible stories is one that seems small and maybe even insignificant to many, the woman with the issue of blood. She had enough faith to be healed just by touching the hem of Jesus' garment. I guess I've always felt that I can relate to her on some level. I haven't had a condition quite like hers, but I know what it's like to seek help from doctors and you end up "a day late and a dollar short", or something like that. They take your money and leave you feeling worse, and sometimes make your condition worse. I've thought about her so much over the years and how I desire faith like hers.  

I have felt so much emptiness and hopelessness from "modern" medicine. I'm to the point where I would be okay the rest of my life never having another interaction with a "healthcare provider"! People think I'm joking or exaggerating, but this is not something I speak lightly about. When I think of what it would be like to touch the hem of Jesus' garment and that's all it would take to feel peace and be whole, it fills me with pure joy! Not to mention, the complete and unconditional LOVE of God......it is elation to simply think of such things!  

I got a glimpse of this while watching Dallas Jenkins' portrayal of the simple, yet complex Bible story in The Chosen Season 3, episode 5. Just watching it caused me to feel God's love for me. I suppose this episode is the cause of much reflection on my past, lately. In the last several weeks I've been thinking a great deal about my past and all that I've been through, all that I've overcome, all that I've faced, all the hard times and triumphant times. Parts of it still make me sad, some things still unresolved, and some things still bring me joy! The last couple of weeks were like a journey in and of themselves. It was very emotional.  

One Sunday I was driving home from work and thinking......a lot.......I really had a great desire to feel God's love in that moment. My radio was playing FM 100.3, Sounds of Sunday, church music. Two songs came on back to back. One was Child Of God, I think it's fairly new and I can't remember the artist. I can't seem to find it anywhere when searching for it. The other song was I Will Rise, with Alex Boye and LDC. I can't even explain what I felt. I just felt encircled by God's infinite, pure and perfect love.  

A thought has recently occurred to me, and that is this........God has NEVER abandoned me or forsaken me. Of the many times I have felt unworthy of His love, felt undeserving, inadequate, or that I simply would lose His presence because of circumstances........this simply did not come to pass. I've learned that if you want God, if you seek Him, if you strive to put Him first, He will not leave you. 

I remember a lesson from long ago about balancing 16 nails onto one. Is it possible? Yes it is! The lesson is that Christ represents the middle nail that all others balance on. All other nails represent things in our lives, trials, responsibilities, distractions, etc. If you put Christ and/or God at the center of it all, everything else will balance. This is true! The truth is, God's love is always there!  

In episode 8 of The Chosen Season 3, Jesus works to heal the dividing lines between the diverse population in the city Decapolis. As they argue of their differences, Jesus teaches of their similarities and helps them to understand each other. Even Jesus does not seem concerned about their different beliefs or faiths. He listens and is respectful of their beliefs, but He loves them. Jesus feeds them both spiritually and physically as this event turns into the feeding of the 5000. It reminded me of how life is today. So many beliefs, voices, arguments, etc. Decapolis still exists today. I love that Jesus did not diminish anyone's beliefs, or argue, instead He performed miracles............Instead He offered love along with solutions..............Instead He treated them all as equals in the kingdom of God. He made them see Gods power and feel His love! It's significant that He broke bread with them and ate with them. Jesus said "Feed my Sheep", not argue about doctrine, or who is right. He said "love thy neighbor", and "be thy brother's keeper".  

Personally, I find great joy and peace in uniting with people of other faiths! When we unite on our common belief in Jesus Christ, it binds us, it reminds us of our divine family! It can remind us of Jesus' most profound, yet simple teachings, that we are ALL God's children! Jesus died for ALL of us, not just a particular group of us. His grace extends to ALL.  His greatest gift encircles us and we are bound by His love! Anyone who believes in Jesus Christ probably can't deny the experiences, people, faith, religion, and scripture that brought them to Jesus. That deserves respect! When we sit down as equals and "break bread" we can find how much we have in common and how alike we really are!

⚠️SPOILER ALERT!⚠️

Later in this episode, which was a surprise ending to the season, Simon is going through a trial and gets frustrated with Jesus. Asking him why He heals gentiles and strangers when His own people, when His own faithful disciple is hurting and in need of His healing power! This tension leads Simon to test his faith in Jesus.  Simon recognizes the "ghost" on the water as Jesus.  He states that if Jesus is who He says He is, then bid him to walk on the water.  He also states that his faith was never an issue, that he always believed in Jesus.  You get a sense that Simon is feeling abandoned in his trial.  As Simon enters the waters' edge, Jesus says "keep your eyes on me". He also says "why do you think I allow trials........because it strengthens you!" Jesus continues to tell Simon, "keep your eyes on me", it's only when Simon becomes a little afraid and unsure, that he sinks. Even when he sinks, Jesus is there to pull him up! What an amazing and profound lesson! This is one of my favorite accounts in the whole New Testament!  

As Simon becomes emotional, he says "don't let me go", over and over. Jesus holds him like He would hold a child. I could not have imagined the love that is portrayed in these scenes any better than what Dallas Jenkins offered up as to what this could have been like. Then Jesus says, "I let people go hungry, but I feed them!" Yes, I feasted upon this episode, no pun intended, just as the 5000 feasted upon the words of Jesus and the loaves and fishes! I felt of God's love for me and for all His children! Just like the nails, as we "keep our eyes on Jesus" things will balance, He will hold us up!


God's love is always available, Christ's love is always available, but sometimes we must ask, seek, or just simply keep our eyes on Him. This episode also reminded me that all our losses will be made up, somehow. I still don't fully understand how, but I know Jesus brings healing, He brings peace, He brings love! There was just so much in this episode!  

I don't believe it was a coincidence, the timing of my viewing this episode. I had been yearning to feel God's love and had been praying for inspiration to finish this blog post which I started at the beginning of January. I wanted to post this by Valentine's Day! God answered my prayers and He cares about what I'm writing! This is not the first time He has given me the words, or inspiration! Honestly, I think I'm decent at writing, but sometimes I go back and read my own stuff and find myself surprised at how great it really is! It's not me entirely, it is by God's hand and will also! As I read, it brings back the moments when I received inspiration, and it strengthens me! I notice, when things are quiet......I can feel God and that balance I'm talking about. In the movie I am Legend, the character Anna tells Neville, "I can fix this...........The world is quieter now. We just have to listen. If we listen, we can hear God's plan." I was reminded of this quote last week while listening to the radio. Profound observation for a movie. Anyway, I hope that you too will be able to feel of God's love, keep your eyes on Christ and find balance in doing that.  

I WILL RISE

There's a peace I've come to know

Though my heart and flesh may fail

There's an anchor for my soul

I can say "It is well"


Jesus has overcome

And the grave is overwhelmed

The victory is won

He is risen from the dead


And I will rise when He calls my name

No more sorrow, no more pain

I will rise on eagles' wings

Before my God fall on my knees

And rise

I will rise


There's a day that's drawing near

When this darkness breaks to light

And the shadows disappear

And my faith shall be my eyes


Jesus has overcome

And the grave is overwhelmed

The victory is won

He is risen from the dead


And I will rise when He calls my name

No more sorrow, no more pain

I will rise on eagles' wings

Before my God fall on my knees

And rise

I will rise


And I hear the voice of many angels sing,

"Worthy is the Lamb"

And I hear the cry of every longing heart,

"Worthy is the Lamb"

And I hear the voice of many angels sing,

"Worthy is the Lamb"

And I hear the cry of every longing heart,

"Worthy is the Lamb"


And I will rise when He calls my name

No more sorrow, no more pain

I will rise on eagles' wings

Before my God fall on my knees

And rise

I will rise


Source: LyricFind


Songwriters: Chris Tomlin / Jesse Reeves / Louie Giglio / Matt Maher













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Barbie world.....or not!

Once I was A Mermaid

Fairy tale Undone